In recent year, The Indian government has directed all network providers that all mobile users will have to link Adhaar with their phone number. It was not loudly announcement as compared to demonetization of 500 and 1000 rupees notes. So most of mobile users are unaware about importance of linking mobile number to Adhaar card. As per Government order, All mobile numbers not linked to Adhaar will get inactive forever. The deadline of mobile number linking to Adhaar is extended until March 31, 2018. Offline Bio-metric re-verification process have already started by all network operators in free of cost to their service centres and retailer stores, but some retailers are taking charges to verify mobile number with Adhaar card per sim card. Most of mobile users are not able to go for biometric reverification. So offline service to link Adhaar with mobile number is not effective and convenient, but Now you can complete this process via OTP method from your mobile.
How link Adhaar with mobile number from home ?
- You will need mobile with sim card of mobile number in it which you want to link Adhaar.
- Adhaar card must be handy to fill up correct details during all process.
- Call to 14546 and After asking Indian or an NRI, choose the respective option.
- Go forward after asking about Adhaar link to your number by pressing 1.
- Agree to connect Adhaar with mobile number by clicking 1 as Next then you will required to give 12-digit Adhaar number and press 1 to confirm.
- If you entered the Adhaar number incorrectly, Another chance will be given to you via generating a new otp and sent to your number.
- In the next process, you have to give the permission to select personal information like name, photograph and date of birth. IVR process will now check your confirmed number by reading the last four digits of your mobile number.
- Now provide the OTP received via SMS and after it, you will be required to press 1 to complete the process. IVR will then mention that the Aadhaar-based mobile number re-verification process was successful.
- Once all the process is completed, you get an SMS on your mobile number confirming that Re-verification was successful and it will take up to 48 hours to complete the linking.
Note :- Currently, New IVR service is only available for Airtel, Idea, and Vodafone customers. They can start linking their Adhaar with their mobile numbers using this service. While, Jio, Docomo and BSNL customers will have to wait till the service to be activated.